Patrick R. Turner
Turner Legal Group, LLC
139 S. 144th Street, #665
Omaha, NE 68010
Patrick Turner specializes in bankruptcy and debtor-creditor law. He works primarily with distressed companies, committees and creditors in workouts, Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, foreclosures, and related litigation and transactional matters.
Patrick has led engagements in the technology, agriculture, finance, biotech, retail, and commercial real estate sectors. He has a demonstrated ability in helping clients tackle complexity in order to restage their business operations.
After 12 years at one of the largest firms in the country, Patrick Turner founded boutique law firm Turner Legal Group, LLC. His reason was simple: to offer companies with financial problems the sophistication of a large law firm without the overhead and bureaucracy. His philosophy is equally simple: negotiate the most advantageous outcome possible. This most often means restructuring outside of court, or when more appropriate, litigation, or reorganization through bankruptcy.
In addition to corporate clients, the firm represents debtors and creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, out-of-court workouts, state and federal court proceedings and litigation, the acquisition or sale of assets, contract and lease negotiations, and business operations.
Patrick is active in the local bar, having served as chairman and vice president of the Bankruptcy Section and chairman of the Agricultural Law Section for the Nebraska State Bar Association, and served on their CLE Sub-Committee. He previously held the role of chairman of the new member committee for the Omaha Bar Association. He also served on the Bankruptcy Law Section for the American Bar Association.
He is a frequent speaker at seminars sponsored by Nebraska State Bar Association, American Bar Association and various business and bankruptcy organizations. He has been published Nebraska Lawyers Magazine and Clarks’ Secured Transactions Monthly.
In the local community, Patrick served on the Aksarben Floor Committee for eight years. Prior to founding Turner Legal Group, LLC, Patrick practiced at legal powerhouses Stinson LLP and Husch Blackwell LLP.
- U.S. District Court, D. Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, N.D. Iowa
- U.S. District Court, D. Idaho
- U.S. District Court, S.D. Iowa
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Winnebago (NE) Tribal Court
- J.D., Creighton University School of Law
- Business Law Society – Co-Founder
- Creighton Law Review – Staff & Senior Member
- CALI Awards in Securities Regulation, Banking Law & Regulation, and Advanced Commercial Transactions
- Nebraska Bankruptcy Court Practice Committee – Member
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Nebraska State Bar Association – Chairman, Bankruptcy Section, 2013; Vice President, Bankruptcy Section, 2012, CLE Sub-Committee, 2017
- Nebraska State Bar Association – Chairman, Agricultural Law Section, 2018, 2019
- Omaha Bar Association – Chairman of New Member Committee, 2013-2014
- Aksarben Floor Committee – 2010-2018